Managing your Listening Station FREEBIE included!

Managing your listening station from set up to everyday use for Daily 5, literacy centers, or just a fun option for word work. These organization tips will help you get your listening station set up and this post includes a link to a freebie response sheet for added accountability at the listening station.

There are always those little details that get in your way. You can ignore them or you can find a solution. For me this summer the problem was my listening station and the solution came to me  when I should have been setting up my classroom. I got so excited about it I spent the next hour fixing my listening station. I am so glad I did! 


I have a mix of tapes and CD's (the tapes are all slowly but surely dying). I had them all organized but it never fails that I don't have time to put them away properly so they end up a hot mess not long after the year begins. While cleaning out my closet this summer it came to me! 

If I just tape the CD right in the front of the book I'll never be too lazy to put it away! This may be common knowledge for the average teacher but for me this was life changing.....in a super nerdy,  OCD, organization nut, kind of way. 

Here are my tips:

#1 Tape those covers inside the book! 

It won't bother the students when they are reading the book and it's right where you need it when it's time to put the CD away. 

Update....later in the year I put out a couple of different books and this made it super easy for kids to switch out their own books!  

If you don't have the cover anymore (because you are like me and you lost it because you left it somewhere.....) just tape a sandwich bag in the front. It works just the same! 

#2 Band books together so they stay together until the next time
 I have a bunch of CD's that have multiple books that go with one CD and I was always running into the problem of "Where's that book?" This won't be a problem anymore! 

#3 Put books with tapes in gallon size bags. 
OK this one was seriously a no brainer but I just needed to go through and do it. I put the plastic bag under the tape player when I get this one out now, and then I haven't lost the bag when it's time to put it away. 

Those are my tips! I made a lot of room in my closet by putting these all together and hopefully have saved me (and you) some sanity! 

Save this for later! 
Managing your listening station from set up to everyday use for Daily 5, literacy centers, or just a fun option for word work. These organization tips will help you get your listening station set up and this post includes a link to a freebie response sheet for added accountability at the listening station.

And here is a freebie for response sheets for your listening station! 




No comments

Post a Comment

I love comments!