FUN FRIDAY with Oriental Trading


Materials from Oriental Trading helped make our math and problem solving tables this week.
Fun Friday was extra special this week with some new products from Oriental Trading! They sent me these amazing items to try out in exchange for my a blog post reviewing the items. I was more than happy to help them out and these are my honest opinions about the products I received. 

If you have read my blog before you know I love Fun Friday. For me it is a day I get to assess my kiddos and for them it is a day they get to explore. I usually have a paint table, a math table, a problem solving table and a couple of technology stations. Our materials from Oriental Trading helped make our math and problem solving tables this week. 

First up: Jumbo Pipe Connectors
This was our problem solving station and the problem I gave them was that they need to start in a corner and try to reach their friend in another corner and make their pipes connect. They loved this center and I know it will get a lot of use throughout the year. There were enough materials to have 4 students working on this one at once. 
Materials from Oriental Trading helped make our math and problem solving tables this week.
This was one groups work. They were really trying to make BIG connections! 

Materials from Oriental Trading helped make our math and problem solving tables this week.
Some of us found other ways to explore with these materials! 

Next Up: Stack It High Pegs and Peg Boards
This was one of our math stations for the week. We have been working on patterns so I encouraged them to build patterns ACROSS and UP around the board. Some of them enjoyed building up as high as they could and others really enjoyed filling in the pattern and making it as complex as possible. A quick glance at this table and it was easy for me to see who already has an understanding of patterns and who needs more work! 
Materials from Oriental Trading helped make our math and problem solving tables this week.

And Finally: Simfit Sequencing Cards
These cards will actually stay in our math tubs for the next couple of weeks and then we will continue to use them during our FF Centers all year. Instead of creating their own pattern students were challenged to match up the patterns on the cards. I loved hearing the discussions coming from this center as they tried to figure out what went next. 
Materials from Oriental Trading helped make our math and problem solving tables this week.

I actually have one more item to review and they are the Read to Self Phones. We will be using those during our reading time this week. I have another set on my wish list because they are so cool I know my whole class is going to want to use them at the same time. This set comes with 12. 

Have you created a wish list? It's really easy and a great way to keep track of all the things you like. If you are like me you find something...wait to buy it...then are never able to find it again. Here is a link to my WISH LIST . Take a peek at some of the fun items I want to incorporate into my classroom. 

Thanks for stopping by today! We really enjoyed these activities and I can't wait to use them again. Want to save this post? Pin it for later here:  
Materials from Oriental Trading helped make our math and problem solving tables this week.
 

No comments

Post a Comment

I love comments!