Christmas Around the World

What a fun day!  Who said the week before Christmas break had to be totally crazy?  
(I have this odd feeling I just jinxed myself!)

I got a great unit from Simply Kinder earlier this year and was so excited to get it started this week.  
I started the day with  Santa is Coming to Arizona.  It was a fun way to "take off" around the world.  We were able to color the covers today and travel to our first country....Germany.  We discussed Advent and traditional Christmas markets.  Later this week the kiddos are making gingerbread houses in our extension program (the part of the day when they are with an aide) so this was also a good introduction to where that tradition comes from.
Their little pages of advent wreaths were so cute! 

Tomorrow we get to go to Australia and I'm hoping to get to a couple of other countries.  It's been fun to take a break from our hectic schedule and have a little fun.  I'm going to enjoy reading books, doing some fun crafts, and spending quality time together this week! 

I hope your week is stress free and you get to enjoy your kiddos.  
Don't stress, break is almost here!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love comments!