Peek at my CRAZY Week!

It's Halloween on Friday ya'll.....did you know?

ALL teachers look out for this one special day that just happens to fall on a Friday this year. 

Can I get an amen?

As for now...It's MY favorite part of the weekend (insert smiley face here)...planning time!  I didn't share last weekend because going back after break was just a little too much to handle.  But this week I am ready to share our plans.  Here is my peek at my week: (please notice no Halloween activities.....I'm a bum, I know!)


The reason for NO Halloween activities in my room is simple really.  I don't have them long enough!  I only get my 23 kiddos for 2 hours and 45 minutes.  The rest of the day they are next door with the aide.  So don't fret, my kids will have fun and be appropriately exposed to Halloween goodies, but not in my room.

Here are some of the products I am using this week:
(Click on the pic for the link) 

Kindergarten Morning Work.  It's a must have in my room.  If they are not on the table as soon as the kiddos walk in they FREAK OUT!  Really.

Also up this week are some fun new centers that go along with my Reading Street Unit 2 Week 5: A Bed for Winter.
(click on the pic for a link)

 We will start working on CVC words and blending this week.  Our letter of the week is "i" so we will be reading some middle "i" words during our small group instruction. 
  Our grammar focus is still on adjectives and this week we will be focusing on opposites.  

I'm super excited about a new purchase!  Today I found this Next Generation Science Unit from Primarily Teaching
Click on the picture to see it in her store: 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Kindergarten-Next-Generation-Science-Plants-Animals-Complete-Unit-1062119
I wish I had found this a few weeks ago but next year I can teach all the lessons included.  As for now I'm skipping to Unit 3 to teach about what an animal needs.  I plan on using a Brain Pop Jr. video too to introduce the concept.  

That's my week!  Now it's your turn to link up.  Check out Deedee Will's linky party here: 
http://www.mrswillskindergarten.com/


No comments

Post a Comment

I love comments!