What Are You Reading This Summer? The Morning Meeting

Summer is one of my favorite times of the year for 3 reasons.  #1 No alarm....that's a given.  #2 I can plan fun things for the next school year. #3 Self chosen professional development!  I get to pick what I read!!!  So I was wondering....

I am starting my summer out with the Morning Meeting Book by Roxann Kriete and Carol Davis.  I am really excited about organizing my morning meeting time and putting some of these ideas into action in my classroom.  I'm going to spend the next couple of weeks reflecting on the chapters as I read and I'd love if you join me!  Here is the schedule I have so far.

Tuesday May 31st: Greeting: A Friendly and Respectful Salute
Tuesday June 7th: Sharing: The Art and Skill of Conversation
Tuesday June 14th: Group Activity: Building Whole-Class Identity
Tuesday June 21st: Morning Message: A Letter to the Class
Tuesday June 28th: Wrap Up

I'm not going chapter by chapter because I have some other books to get to in July but this will be a good schedule to follow for the month of June to get all the way through the book.  I've also started a board on Pinterest to collect everything I find that I want to save in regards to Responsive Classroom. You can follow that board HERE

Posts will start up tomorrow!  I'm about half way through the book and I am so super excited about this.  I've read so many great things about morning meeting during the school year that I just could't wait to get started this summer.

No comments

Post a Comment

I love comments!