Measurement Monday

We started our measurement unit today and I wasn't quite ready to get started.  Thankfully Guiding Kinders had me covered. 

We explored the room with easy materials to get our hands on to discuss heavier, lighter, and equal. It was a great investigation!  
I didn't even have to introduce "equal" because the kids came up with that on their own.  3 kids got in a circle to discuss which was heavier and one brilliant Kinder said, "Maybe they are equal?" 
It's that moment in the classroom that makes a teacher heart sing.

Even though it was a busy day I had to snap a couple of pictures because they were just too cute.  These look so staged but I promise they are not!
   Now I am off to go build a classroom scale so we can find out if they are really equal tomorrow!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love comments!