3 Tips to Getting Your Room Ready and FREE Alphabet Posters

All summer I think about it. My empty room back at the school....
Classroom setup have you stressed out? This blog post has ideas for a preschool, kindergarten, first grade, or primary grade classroom for easy setup and organization. Don’t stress about the perfect pin worthy classroom, this post helps you make a list of the most vital components of your classroom in order to have an efficient running classroom. #kindergartenclassroom #classroomdecor #classroomorganization


Nothing fun on the walls, all of the books have been packed away, and somehow, someway you have to put it all back. 

Whether you have to pack everything up, you get to leave it as is, or if it is just your very first year, no worries! I have some helpful tips to share with you that I have learned the HARD way.

Tip #1- Have a plan
Duh right? Seriously though, have a plan and write it down. I love that my Erin Condren LifePlanner has the dotted pages in the back so I can jot down what I want to arrange before I get there. 
Classroom setup have you stressed out? This blog post has ideas for a preschool, kindergarten, first grade, or primary grade classroom for easy setup and organization. Don’t stress about the perfect pin worthy classroom, this post helps you make a list of the most vital components of your classroom in order to have an efficient running classroom. #kindergartenclassroom #classroomdecor #classroomorganization

It is also SUPER helpful to take a friend that doesn't mind moving furniture 2 or 3 or 100 times on the day you want to arrange furniture. Also have a plan in place to take that friend to lunch. 

Tip #2- What are your MUST HAVES on the first day? 
Do you need to have your cubbies labeled? Are you assigning jobs the first day? What do you need to have access to in order to set up your classroom routines and procedures? Those are what you should be focusing on. NOT the cute border in the hallway. Sorry, I said that way too loud! But honestly, I have wasted so much valuable time making something cute out in the hallway that was inviting, yes, but necessary, no. I am giving you permission to skip the cute and go for the necessary. 

Some of my must haves for the first day: 

  • labeled cubbies
  • nametags on pencil boxes (these stay in our assigned seats to start so it helps us find our spot)
  • nametags for students
  • job chart
  • water bottles (I label mine and they keep them all year)
  • homework folders ready for the first day
  • calendar space/ morning meeting space designated and set up
  • turn in box with a designated space
  • focus wall for objectives (I'm required to have a spot for this) 
  • IB Interactive Wall (also a requirement for me) 
I have highlighted any of the items that have a freebie attached or I have written another blog post on if you are interested in checking them out! 
If I have all of these things in place then I am ready for the first day of school. The rest will fall into place. That bulletin board in the hallway? I cover it with name activities that we do on the second day of school. It is totally blank on the first day of school when my families roll in. Once I hang up those names it and stays up ALL year long! 


Classroom setup have you stressed out? This blog post has ideas for a preschool, kindergarten, first grade, or primary grade classroom for easy setup and organization. Don’t stress about the perfect pin worthy classroom, this post helps you make a list of the most vital components of your classroom in order to have an efficient running classroom. #kindergartenclassroom #classroomdecor #classroomorganization

Tip #3 Decorate with the things you need
I do a lot  of "decorating" in my classroom but you won't find any unnecessary objects floating around my room just because they go with my "theme".  Of course all of my posters match but I would hardly call that a theme. 
If you NEED that to make your classroom a happy place, go for it! 
If you are only decorating in shabby chic because your neighbor down the hall is then just STOP!
It doesn't have to be that difficult!  
Here are a couple examples of sets I have used over the years. I print out everything I need, laminate it, and then start hanging it up. Once I get a welcome banner and an alphabet up on the wall BAM! Instant classroom decorations. 


 

These have everything I need for a functional classroom. Calendar, job chart, alphabet, numbers, and labels for all of the stuff. Having a "theme" helps pull everything together but I don't spend my summers at Target and TJ Maxx looking for the perfect items for my thematic classroom. 

Want a theme? Lots of my friends have also so I have created a few different fun ones for them. These serve the same purpose though, print and go and done! Click on any of the pictures to see them in my TPT store.  
 

 

 



Thanks for stopping by today. Here is your FREE SET OF ALPHABET POSTERS to get you started on a stress free decorating session. Want to save this for later? Pin it here! 


Classroom setup have you stressed out? This blog post has ideas for a preschool, kindergarten, first grade, or primary grade classroom for easy setup and organization. Don’t stress about the perfect pin worthy classroom, this post helps you make a list of the most vital components of your classroom in order to have an efficient running classroom. #kindergartenclassroom #classroomdecor #classroomorganization


1 comment

  1. Thanks so much for your letter. It seems that every year I feel anxious and overwhelmed. Your letter has made me feel more in control. It has given me a grateful starting point.
    Thanks,
    Eleanor Harville

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!