Valentine's Day Plans

What are you teaching this week? We have a lot of fun things planned in kindergarten this week. I actually had to pick and choose because I don't think we will have time to get to it all. I am feeling pretty focused with a clear plan. That is a great feeling! 

Morning Meeting: 
I don't always write down my plans for morning meeting, usually I just play it by ear and go off of my morning message but I wrote down everything I wanted to do this week with intention. 

Morning Work: 
After morning meeting we always go to morning work. This is aligned with our Reading Street curriculum and it keeps me on track with our pacing if we have a crazy week like this one. With Valentine's day and early release for parent/teacher conferences we have a pretty messed up schedule this week. Morning work will keep us on track! 

Daily 5: 
During our Daily 5 time I meet with small groups. These are the choices that are available for students during that time. Each round they make a new choice. We have PLENTY of paper choices available with these Kindergarten Centers for Reading Street Unit 4. We just copy and go. Our hands on choices come from this Valentine Literacy Center unit. We use the computer program Lexia Core 5 and that is a round each day too. 
 Math: 
I have been trying a bit of a Daily 3 for math the last 2 weeks. I teach our main lesson from our Math in Focus curriculum and then we split into three choices, Math by Myself (Zearn), Math with a partner (Math tubs), Math Writing (math journals with me). This is my opportunity to introduce math journals for the first time. Something I have fallen short on this year but I feel like this is a perfect time to get it going. I blogged all about how I start HERE if you would like to learn more and a link to a FREE file HERE

Writing: 
All of our extra stuff this week comes from this Surviving Valentine's unit I put together to help me out this month. We will be learning all about the heart on Monday and write about how to keep our hearts healthy. On Tuesday we will cover our President's day stuff and Wednesday and Thursday we will be using the Valentine's writing prompts. We will complete our Conversation Heart Science activities and write about those too. I love having a week where I can turn Writer's Workshop into science and social studies activities.  
Those are our REGULAR plans for the week. Of course Thursday will be exchanging cards and Valentine centers to make things extra special for an extra special day. What are your plans this week? 

No comments

Post a Comment

I love comments!