Five for Friday April 29th

It's Friday!  Hooray!  I for one am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.  Spring time makes me so lazy!  
For now it's time to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday! 

Animal research papers are coming right along.  We will do our final drafts next week (I'm already behind schedule....arg).  They are doing a great job! 

 I had lots of extra helpers this week!  It's the end of the year so all the big kids are doing big projects.  Kinders are the first choice for sharing these projects with (or so it seems). :) 
The Interact Club did a recycling and planting unit and came in to plant with one of my classes.  The kiddos really loved it! 
 My class participated in a second week of water literacy field trips with our amazing guide Mrs. H2O.  They went to the water towers in town and the Waste Water Treatment plant.  They learned how they make the dirty water clean, how the micro-organisms help clean the water, and what NOT to flush down the toilet!  
 I loved that this kiddo was building CVC words as an additional word work activity.  I took this picture so I could have it as an example and then when I looked at it later I realized he had spelled out "cud" instead of "cub".....gotta love those b and d reversals and CVC words! 
Mrs. H2O not only took my whole class on field trips this week but she also brought me this amazing little flower.  It is a Passion Vine Flower and she told me it only blooms for 24 hours.....
Here is one at the end of the day.  I guess she was right!  It was really fun to watch this close all day long with the kiddos! 

That's my very simple Five for Friday.  We only have 3 more left in this school year.  CRAZY!! Have a great weekend friends! 

Now go link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching HERE!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love comments!