Wrap it Up! Ideas for the End of the Year

It's that time of the year......4.5 days and counting.  Now I'm not counting down or anything, I don't believe it that......but there is a certain art to making your way through the last couple days of school.  Really, it's a thing!

We have so much to cram into our last few days of school.  We have a couple of regular days to do the last activities I would like to squeeze in, one field day, and a half day that is really just enough time to have one last assembly and go home.  
I think I can...I think I can...
Here is a quick and easy printable to make your life easy this week.  It will also be a big hit with the kiddos as they create their own MEMORY BOOK for the year: 

I have listed it for just $1 for the first 10 buyers!  Click on the picture to see it in my store. 

Another great way to finish the year is with some fun science activities.  Here are a few we have been working on: 
 We made play dough out of sawdust, wood shavings, and a corn starch matrix.  It was pretty cool to play with and when we let them dry we ended up with little particle board creations.  They loved it! 

To make the matrix:
1 box of cornstarch
3 cups of water

Cook on medium heat for about 5-8 minutes (stirring the whole time!).  After it starts to get lumpy (really hard to stir) remove from heat and keep stirring.  It will look like whipped up mashed potatoes when you are done.  I put mine in a tupperware in the refrigerator until I was ready to use it. 

Mix it with sawdust and wood shavings to make the play dough.  Let it dry over night and students can take home their wood creations. :)
Along with our wood and trees unit (the reason we made sawdust playdough) we had a sanding station last week in our centers.  They LOVED it!  I thought it would get old fast but nope, they could have sat there and sanded all day.  

THAT is what is getting me through the last few weeks, days, moments, of school.
Oh and then there is this too....
I went on a beautiful hike yesterday in the RAIN.  Yes, in the rain!
 Even better I went with my biggest little who hasn't been home for 2 years!  Happy mom here!

How do you get by?  I'd love to hear your ideas! 

Linkup with Hello Sunshine for some more great Wrap it Up! ideas!
http://www.hellosunshineteachers.blogspot.com/2015/05/wrapping-up-year-with-hello-sunshine.html

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love comments!