Happy Mother's Day! A Celebration of MY MOM!


I hope all you momma's out there had a fantastic Mother's Day.  I know I sure did.  First of all I am thankful every day for my amazing mom.  I can't say enough about what a wonderful person she is but I can try. Here are a few things I learned from my mom: 

1.  No matter what family is the most important thing.  It doesn't matter what kind of choices people make, they should always be loved by their family. 

2.  Don't lie to your kids......she literally told me this one time.  We were in the car and I said something dumb to one of my kids like, "If you don't put your seatbelt on the police will arrest you" (don't judge me).  She promptly corrected my failure......however my kids still wear their seatbelts every time they get in the car ;)

3. Sometimes you just have to be patient....I'm still working on this one. 

4. She taught me how to clog, and some of my best memories are with her traveling around the Southwest clogging.  Looking back on her dedication to hundreds of children and the clogging group that we had I guess what I really learned from all of that was selfless service to others.

5. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.  The first time I "cooked" for my husband she made the dinner, I wrapped it up and served it to him like it was from me.  I'm not sure he knows this but he doesn't read my blog so that's ok.  I've learned how to hold my own in the kitchen since then. :) 

All this and she raised one amazing daughter to boot.  Ok......actually she raised four amazing daughters and one so so son...

... but they don't read my blog either so we can just focus on me here.  Now she gets to enjoy being a grandmother so today I made her this: 
She really deserved the promotion.  Now we get to put up with all the drama and stress of her grandchildren and she just gets to enjoy them.  Well played mom, well played.
So happy Mother's Day mom, 'cause I know you read this because you are supportive like that.  I love you and I hope to be just like you one day! 

As for teaching stuff....no peek at my week this week...I'm just gonna wing it!  
2 weeks y'all, 2 weeks!
Happy Teaching....or just getting through, whatever you might be up to!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love comments!