Sharing Sunshine No More Interruptions!

It's the 15th of the month and that means it's time to share a little sunshine!  
 
I'm linking up with Hello Sunshine teachers to share a tip that brings some sunshine into my day.....and it's all about bathroom breaks!
You just gave the best lesson of your life.  You are eagerly anticipating the excellent responses from students because you obviously had them all at the edge of their seats.  You are a rock star and you know it.  

Hands up....here it comes....."Can I go to the bathroom?" Is THAT what you were thinking about while I was working so hard up here?  Ugh.  EVERY. TIME.

I do not enjoy being the keeper of the bathroom pass.  I really really do not like being asked 50 times a day for permission to go to the bathroom.  We encourage independence in our Kindergarten classroom so I figure the bathroom needs to be a place we can make our own decisions.  I started using these bathroom passes a couple of years ago and they are the golden ticket to the bathroom! 
 I put a "boys" and a "girls" tag on a large bottle of hand sanitizer. 
Here are the rules:
#1 If I am not teaching (or giving directions) students may get the bathroom pass and put it on their nametag. 
#2 As long as they are responsible and respectful in the bathroom they may go whenever they need to.  

 We learn this procedure early in the year and it works for us all year long.  The hand sanitizer encourages them to get that "extra" little boost of germ protection but I do encourage and remind about washing hands in the bathroom often.  OFTEN!

That's how I save my sanity when it comes to bathroom passes in Kindergarten. If this has been a struggle for you I hope this helps.  If you have another solution leave a comment!  I'd love to hear your ideas! 

You can link up with Hello Sunshine teachers to share a little sunshine too!  
http://www.hellosunshineteachers.blogspot.com/2015/10/sharing-sunshine-in-october.html