Monday Made It: "Space Man" freebie

Just in case you think I'm crazy, I know it's not Monday.  I was busy yesterday...but I have some cute projects to share so I couldn't wait all the way until NEXT Monday.  THAT would be crazy.
So let's get started!
ww.4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/2015/07/monday-made-it-july-20.html

 
I have seen a lot of people asking about "space men" on some forums I am part of.  I had some space men for writing a few years ago but I don't know what happened to them.  To be honest...I'm a firm believer in teaching "finger spaces" because our little writers will not always have a space man with them in life.  However, I thought it might be a good idea to get some for the start of the year because they are fun and teach the concept.  I didn't want to spend any money on them though so I came up with these....
I had the colored popsicle sticks and of course the mod podge, so I made the little fingers and tada!  Finger spaces!  I also color coded them so I could add them to our community supplies in the middle of each table.  Now everyone will have one if they need it! You can get the little fingers HERE, I used the cute finger clip art from Melonheadz. :) 
 
I made one of these for my door and for my teaching partner too! 
Haha!  Evidently "podged" is not a word and my handy dandy PowerPoint underlined it right when I went in for the screen shot.  Now you all know I was being lazy and didn't save it as a picture.....I'm not changing it, it makes me laugh! 

I had a big "L" hanging on my door last year and I couldn't find the same size to match so I made new ones that coordinate for both of us.  We have a shared space so of course they have to coordinate! 

That's my MMI!  I go back to school next week and the kiddos come back on August 5th.  For me that's the sad reality that I probably won't have any time for anymore MMI's this summer, but I'll try to make it one more week!  I've enjoyed linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics all summer, go check it out now to discover some great DYI projects from some amazing teachers!

AND....oh my lanta, there are so many cool things happening right now!  Our Kinder Tribe blog launched today, and there are a ton of amazing giveaways happening there.  If you teach Kinder you NEED to follow this blog.  It will connect you with like minded teachers EVERYWHERE!  Because honestly....no one gets a kindergarten teacher like another kindergarten teacher! 
http://www.kindertribe.blogspot.com/2015/07/blog-launch-giveaway-welcome-to-kinder.html 
Thanks for stopping by friends!