Throwback Thursday: Play Dough Recipe!

When I was moving classrooms this summer I found my old play dough recipe that I LOVED in Kindergarten.  This stuff lasts forever and doesn't dry out like the store bought kind.  I was so happy to have the recipe back, I thought it was lost when I traded out computers years ago.

So here is my Throwback Thursday...

The Best Play Dough Recipe Ever!

I made a batch for Fun Friday tomorrow, yippee!
It's pretty easy to follow, here it is. 

3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups salt
3 cups water
2 tablespoons oil
1 tablespoon Cream of Tarter

Put all the ingredients together in a sauce pan and heat on a medium/low heat until it forms into play dough.  I actually really want to make this at school because here is where the fun begins.  I plopped it out onto the counter and then started kneading it.  It is somewhat soothing to knead warm play dough...not gonna lie!  After 3 days in Kindergarten I needed a little therapy!  I think the kiddos would love playing with the warm play dough.  I need to keep that on my list of things to do this year. I wonder if it would work in a Crock Pot?

What is your favorite way to use play dough in the classroom?