Meet the Teacher

I'm linking up with Falling Into First for Meet the Teacher.  

It was fun to go through and read about all my favorite bloggers so be sure to link up at the end!
My name is Heather Langley and I am 40 years old. Yikes! That snuck up on me this year.  I just started my 10th year of teaching and I have taught fifth, first, and Kindergarten. I just finished 3 years in first grade and went BACK to Kinder this year.  It was sad to leave 1st but who doesn't love a Kindergartener? 

I'm married to my best friend (I know everyone says that but I really mean it....)  He does hate to have his picture taken though and just forget about taking a couples selfie!
 I am the proud mama of 3 beautiful girls.  If you have little ones at home don't blink!  
It goes by fast!


THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS....
In the classroom I love pretty pens.  I mean seriously love!  I almost can't write with anything that's not cute.  I also love my scallop tables and color coded everything! 
In my everyday life I love drinking water out of water bottles (Smart Water is my favorite).  Sounds dumb but I drink twice as much water a day if I have a bottle on my desk.  
Starbucks, Gap, pedicures, and the beach. (I live in the desert!) 

IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE? 
When I was a little girl my dream was to own a dance studio and teach tap all day.  I guess that's still technically a teacher!  

THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU
excitable, risk taker,independent

FINISH THE SENTENCE, "_________, SAID NO TEACHER EVER!"
"I have plenty of cardstock, color ink, and laminating!"...said no teacher ever!

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?
I've always said I'd love to sit down again (as a grown up) with my grandparents.  I won't say I took them for granted when they were alive, I just didn't know which questions to ask!

IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?
The Optimistic Procrastinator
 Don't ask....it will all work out. 

YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPER POWER. WHAT WILL IT BE? 
I've had dreams I could swim under water without having to go up for air.  That would be pretty cool. 

FAVORITE QUOTE
"They may not remember what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel"

   IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Love Shack

NIGHT OWL OR EARLY BIRD?
Night owl.  I. Hate. Mornings. Period. 

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE YOU HAVE CREATED FROM YOUR TPT SHOP?
This is a difficult question!  My favorite resource (that does me the most good!) is morning work.  I created one set 2 years ago to keep myself on track because we had absolutely NO reading curriculum.  Last year we adopted Reading Street so I recreated the whole thing to align with their words/skills. 
Reading Street Morning Word Work BUNDLE UNITS R, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5     Now I am in Kinder and recreating the whole thing all over again! 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Kindergarten-Morning-Word-Work-Reading-Street-Unit-1-1173277
That's ok though because I believe in it with my whole heart and love how it organizes my curriculum!

Q: SOMETHING WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU!
I love pulling teeth!  It's a little strange but I do.  It's so much better than watching a little wiggle their tooth all day long.  I've even had the nurse send me kiddos to pull their teeth. Maybe the answer above about what I would be if I wasn't a teacher should have been dentist!
   Two of my kiddos from last year who lost a tooth on the same day. (they are cousins!)

Now it is your turn!
Link up with Falling Into First here!
http://fallingintofirst.blogspot.com/2014/08/meet-teacher-linky.html