Five for Friday: First Week of Kindergarten!

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3] 
 I officially made it through my first week back in Kindergarten.  It has been exciting, exhausting, exhilarating, and just plain cute.  They are just so cute no matter how nuts it gets I know I am in the right place!

Here is my very short and sweet Five for Friday!
Divider 1
 After the first day I realized that I needed to start at square one!  We broke out the white boards on the 2nd day of school to practice our letter writing skills.  This was a life saver!  They were totally engaged, and I got to work with a couple that really needed the help.  It was a great activity and we will be using it next week for sure!

Divider 2 
 Writer's Workshop is of to a great start!  This week we have been focusing on telling our stories through pictures. 
Divider 3 
I already blogged about this on Wednesday but Daily 5 is also off to a great start.  So far we have listed our purpose for reading and made a chart of what we noticed during Read to Self time.  I have a bunch of future readers on my hands!

Divider 4 
 I already blogged about this too but after today I just need to sing the praises of home made play dough.  It's so much better than store bought!   I found this recipe from when I taught Kinder 8 years ago.  (the font is Comic Sans...gasp!)  My kids had so much fun using this during Fun Friday today!
Divider 5
And now Fun Friday!  We played with play dough, pattern blocks, geo blocks, computers (Starfall), paint, and white boards.  They did a great job working through the centers today and this will help a lot during next week when we really get down to work!
Are you back in school?  How are you surviving?  If you are still on summer vacation I'm a little jealous!