Monday Made It: Memory Keeper

We are half way through July....sigh.  It happens every summer so I don't know why I am surprised.  A few short weeks and we will be heading back to school.  The good news is I think I'm ready, I just don't know if my little Kinders are ready for me! 

With all my extra energy I managed to get around to a Monday Made It this weekend.  Link up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for more fun!  She made some adorable speech bubbles for her classroom that I just might have to try!
http://4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/2014/07/monday-made-it-summer-week-7.html

Today's MMI has nothing to do with my classroom but my daughter may have inspired me to make one of these for my room.  You never know!


She got this a couple of years ago and it was really ugly with light pink butterfly fabric, big purple buttons, and bright pink ribbon. (sorry, I forgot to take a before {ugly} picture).  

It was perfect for a 4 year old but not a 14 year old.  We removed all the buttons and ribbon, covered it with black fabric (actually just a black sheet, cheaper than fabric!) and used zebra ribbon to make the criss cross design. We secured everything on the back with my husband's heavy duty stapler.

We secured each intersection with little black tacks...
It's a fun place for her to keep all of her ticket stubs, pictures, and game tickets so she can enjoy looking at them and I don't have to look at a messy box of keepsakes.  This is so much more fun!

MOST important...she loves it and that's all that matters.  I'm just happy to repurpose something so it can be used and not just thrown in the good will pile. I'm thinking something similar would work great for a message board in the classroom!
 That's it!  I am doing a little creating in my classroom but I will save it for next week.  Come back tomorrow to see my first Technology Tuesday post after coming home from the ISTE technology conference last month.  I'm hoping to share a little of what I learned each week.  Hopefully that will help me keep it all fresh in my brain too!