Let's Talk About Books! Ladybug Girl

I'm linking up with Deanna Jump at Mrs. Jump's Class for a fun summer linky party all about books.  I can't wait to go through all the links tonight and check out all of the suggestions! 
http://www.mrsjumpsclass.blogspot.com/
Click the pic to link up too!

Now this was HARD to think of just one book I wanted to share because I am a serious lover of children's books.  I have a couple of my very favorites that have been at the top of my list forever but today I wanted to share a new favorite.  I just discovered this little cutie this year....
 
Ladybug Girl by David Soman and Jacky Davis. 

Here are a few reasons why I LOVE reading this book to my class!

1.  Ladybug Girl is adventurous.  All of her stories involve her using her imagination....a lot!
 2.  The first Ladybug Girl book I read to the class was Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy.  It deals with friendship, sharing, playing fairly, and what to do if you get mad at a friend.  Lots of little life lessons in here for little ones! 
When I read this to the class this year it was a perfect opportunity to talk about our feelings and what to do when a friend makes us mad.  I created this little journal page for responses so I can use it this year when I read the book: 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwy_8L1vfUHTdEZwUFQyTzF2U2s/edit?usp=sharing
 You can grab it for FREE if you would like a copy! Just click on the picture to get it. 

 3.  The illustrations are wonderful!  I love the different perspective that each new page takes....

Now here is the best, best part!  You can access a bunch of Ladybug Girl books on one of my favorite websites.  We Give Books has a ton of free books online.  Just create a free account and then read away!  I read them aloud using the proxima so the kids can see the pictures on the big screen.  I usually do this during snack time. 

http://www.wegivebooks.org/
You can read more about the Pearson Foundation and all about We Give Books by clicking on the picture.  This is a website to raise money for books to give to various charities around the world, but you don't have to donate to access the books. 

So that's my favorite "new" book to read to the class.  There are quite a few Ladybug Girl books out there and probably lots of goodies to go along with them too.  She is a character for kids (especially girls) to look up to :)   Now off to see what books are your favorite!  Don't forget to link up!