Five for Friday May 9th

 
Can I get a oh yeah!  It has been a tough one!  From all the link ups it looks like everyone else is just as overwhelmed as I am!  See what I mean at Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!
 
Teacher appreciation week always includes lots of fun surprises.  A wonderful parent sent these to me last week and I've been enjoying watching them bloom all week!
 
Art, art, and more art!  I thing I'm pretty much DONE teaching since all of our year end assessments are done (woohoo!) We made these adorable lizards this week.  We experimented with oil pastels for this one.


I had 2 days of professional development this week for a grammar training.  Our district brought in Heidi Koski and she does an amazing job showing how to use grammar in every content area.  I really enjoyed it even though it meant 2 days away from my firsties!
 Mini grammar wall to use as a model for the classroom.  I really needed a refresher on the 8 parts of speech!
 
 So I haven't been blogging much because whenever my computer is on my lap I have been working on some Kindergarten projects.  I have the first 3 weeks of Kinder all done, and I can tell you it's going to be a long summer!
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/The-Little-School-Bus-Kindergarten-Unit-1-Week-1-1214764

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Learning-With-Mrs-Langley/Category/Kindergarten

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Learning-With-Mrs-Langley/Category/Kindergarten


 I'm excited about the centers and extras I am creating though to make my reading series just a little  more "me" :)
Last but not least.......Mother's Day .
We made the cutest recipe books for our moms today and I did not take one picture.  I got them for Fourth and Ten on Tpt last year and it is such a fun idea.  Collect the recipes, the students write about them, and then put them all together in a book.  They are such a fun gift!  Wish I had taken some pics, darn!
 Have a happy, happy, weekend!