Five for Friday April 18

I don't know if I have ever typed up a Five for Friday at 10 am.......with coffee in hand this is so much easier than Friday night!  I have already been enjoying this day off by sleeping in and doing nothing.  I may have to get motivated soon though, my house is a mess!
Link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching!
http://www.doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/ 

 
We finished our Cinderella Around the World Unit this week.  The kiddos all finally finished their summative assessment yesterday by writing an opinion piece about their favorite version of the story.  Why does it always take so long to get those last 2 finished?  Everyone else was done last week!

 
We finished up the last of Katie King's Sporty Math Stations this week. They are such a great way to review multiple skills and push those kiddos to the next level.  
 We have started double digit addition with regrouping and these centers include that!  I've never had a group that was ready to move on to regrouping but I am so excited about it!  They are ALL getting it.  My favorite part is that they can show me multiple different ways so I know they really get it!
 Of course we always have to add in a little technology.  One cutie asked me yesterday if they were allowed to use the app that practiced telling time.  Yes sweetie, that is fine :)

 
Speaking of technology I learned how to use these little beauties this week....
It's a Mimio Vote system.  Students use these responders or "clickers" to answer questions.  They can be True or False, Multiple Choice, or Yes/No Questions.  I thought it was going to be so complicated but it was really easy to link up with the system and just start asking questions.  I created a class so it saves all their answers so I can get instant results.  Awesome!

 
This came in yesterday.  8 Weeks of listening stations.  I'm so excited.  My listening station really needed a facelift!

 
Every once in awhile I flip a paper over when I'm grading papers and find something like this.  My goal as a teacher is to make a place kiddos want to come to every day and keep coming back to even after they are not my students anymore.  This picture made me smile, I love school too!
 That's my five for Friday!  I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend and enjoy your time with family.  Happy Teaching!