Earth Day Writing and a FREEBIE!

Writer's Workshop has been a DREAM this week!  We are pulling together everything we have learned about different types of writing (opinion, informative, and narrative) and we are doing a little of everything today.  

Today was a "How To" story about recycling.  They did so great!



They were busy busy busy and writing {silently} the whole time!  My objective for them this week is to finish 3 products and then pick their favorite to share on our earth themed writing wall.  It's all about being reflective!

Here is the unit I am using.  
It's one of my best writing products so far 
(in my oh so humble opinion!) 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Earth-Day-Writing-Unit-First-Grade-1195314
Along with writing about earth day themed things we have tried to cut down our paper usage this week.  I broke out the white boards (which I usually hate dislike very much).  They love doing their word work on these.  I spied one little cutie writing out all of our Learner Profiles :) 
Made my heart smile.

They are so independent right now!  Our morning work just flows and they are busy being 1st graders (hehem....almost 2nd graders).  I just sit back and enjoy the ride!
So a tiny announcement of sorts......my mind has been wandering all over the place the last few weeks.  Our beloved Kinder teacher is leaving us next year and I have the opportunity to move to Kinder (where my heart first fell in love with teaching).  I have made the decision to take the leap and jump back into the Kinder pool.  Although I have already taught Kinder I've never done it at an IB school and I've never taught half day classes.  I'm ready for this amazing new adventure! 48 little sweeties I get to see every day?  Yes please!

Happy Earth Week to you!  Tomorrow (if it's not windy) we will do a little work outside to save electricity.  If it's windy I'll just open the windows and turn out the lights!

Here is a little freebie for you via Google Drive for visiting my little 'ol blog.  This is a writing page about why it is important to help the earth :)  Just click on the pic to get to the document!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwy_8L1vfUHTajlQQnRrLURrSmc/edit?usp=sharing