WOW Wednesday

http://www.coasttocoastkinder.blogspot.com/2014/02/wow-wednesday-any-idea.html


WOW Wednesday!  Yay it's hump day!  We are almost through this week, one more to go, and Spring Break baby!  I.am.ready.

Link up with Coast to Coast Kinder for great teaching ideas.  This week's topic is BEST IDEA!

My best idea in the last year or so has been my Morning Language Review.  I have taken all of the essential skills we will be working on for the week and put them on one page.  With a new reading series this year it's been a lot to get used to.  These little gems get my day started right!  I have an original set I made last year and now a new set that aligns with my new reading series.  Here is a little overview that I featured a few months back....

Daily Language Review:
Every morning we start out with some word work.  I have always used this type of "bell work" whether teaching 5th grade, Kindergarten, or 1st grade.  I made these and I have been using them for the past 2 years.  You can click on the picture to see them on Tpt.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Reading-Street-Morning-Word-Work-BUNDLE-UNITS-1-5-1055481

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Reading-Street-Morning-Word-Work-BUNDLE-UNITS-1-5-1055481

They don't change from day to day so students can complete them independently once they are introduced on Monday morning.  It gives me time to take attendance and check agendas, and the kiddos are getting meaningful practice in.

That's my best idea!  I know it's not super original, but it gets the job done in my room! Thanks for stopping by!