Christmas Questionnaire

http://www.fabulousinfirst.blogspot.com/ 
 What a fun linky!  Fabulous in First has created this Christmas Questionnaire.  It was fun thinking about my own holiday traditions and memories as I filled this out.  Link up if you want to participate or just get to know some fellow bloggers!
Hot Chocolate or Eggnog? 
No question....hot chocolate.  Eggnog just sounds icky but honestly I have never even tried it!

Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree?
When I was little all the presents were under the tree before Christmas.  It always made me wonder how he actually brought them if they were already there!  So ever since my kids were little there have been NO presents under the tree until Christmas Eve.  They are all wrapped, but they show up from the big man himself!

Colored lights or white?
White!  Just because I love them.  One year we did all green (ick) and I hated it.  We had sparkly colored ones at one time too but I got rid of those!

When do you decorate?
AFTER Thanksgiving! I love Fall and I hate that it gets shorter every year. 

What tops your tree?
A star.  It's really old though, I need to find a new one.  We used to have a bow, and then an angel but for now it is a star.  Not real traditional here.  My mom has a Santa at the top of her tree I gave her forever ago and I love it!

Favorite Christmas traditions or memories?
Our traditions are pretty simple.  We go to see the lights, we wake up early on Christmas to open presents, we eat a ton of goodies.  My favorite memory of Christmas is spending Christmas at my mom and dad's cabin in Colorado.  Eating, hanging out, and playing in the snow.  When my girls were little it was a fun place to be.  I am happy that they live closer to me now though!  We don't get to play in the snow but it's only a 5 minute drive to their house instead of 5 hours!

Do you remember your favorite gift as a child? 
YES!  A Cabbage Patch Kid.  It was the year that everyone just HAD to have one and they were impossible to get.  Somehow my aunt got one for my mom and she was probably pretty happy with herself that she found this hard to get item to surprise me with.  My cousin told me about it though....oops.  I was still just as excited Christmas morning though!

What is your favorite Christmas song? 
The Little Drummer Boy.  I have no idea why, I think because it just reminds me of my childhood.

Candy Canes. Yuck or Yum?
Yum!  We keep them on the tree just for a sweet treat!  I like the flavored ones though, not he plain old red and white ones. 

Favorite Christmas Movie?
A Christmas Story.  I remember watching it in 5th grade in Mrs. Kramer's class.  "You'll shoot your eye out!"

Do you shop online or in stores?
In stores.  I am a horrible procrastinator.  My hubby and I hit the stores in LATE December.  I know other people would think I am crazy but we do it all in one day right before Christmas.  

Photo Cards, Store bought, or letter?
Always a photo card.  I have always sent one out, I think I forgot last year.  I've enjoyed watching how my girls have grown up over the years through our Christmas cards.  Sometimes they end up being New Year's cards too! 

Great memories!  Now it's your turn to go link up!