Peek at my Week! Math Stations and Homework Highlights



It's late Sunday and I am just finishing up my lesson plans for the week.  They are pretty skimpy at this point but I think I know what I am doing!  If you saw my "Currently" you know I have no energy so that hasn't changed since yesterday!

This is quickly becoming my favorite linky and I know you'll love it too.  Check out Mrs. Wills Kindergarten to see what's going on out there!  There are some really great ideas being shared!

I am happy to report that my Google doc worked last week so I have figured that out!  Woohoo!  Still working on the links though.  No problem though, I will link you up right here.  Just look below each picture to get a link to the product and click on the plans to see up close in Google Docs. 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwy_8L1vfUHTTlNPbmpteEJocnM/edit?usp=sharing
  First up: Daily 5.  I stick to the Daily 5/CAFE morning routine NO MATTER WHAT!!  It keeps me grounded, it keeps me focused, and the kiddos love it!  My Daily 5 is infused with my new Reading Street curriculum so you will see that throughout each round. 

Word Work Stations: 
1: ABC Order from Look Who's in First Grade
2: Noun Sort from Look Who's in First Grade
3: Phonics Sort from Look Who's in First Grade (this is one of my kiddos favorites!)
4: iPads  I have 4 in my room and I am using these to get my kiddos on Lexia.  I used this program all last year and saw a lot of growth.  They love it, they are reading, and they are practicing important skills.  Love, love, love!

5: Listening Station (Listen to Reading)  I just got a bunch of new CD's from Scholastic using my points from parents purchases.  Yippee!  We are going to listen to Skippy Jon Jones this week.  My kiddos are focusing on sequence as they listen and doing and will complete a response sheet from Look Who's in First Grade.  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwy_8L1vfUHTTlNPbmpteEJocnM/edit?usp=sharing
  Writing:  Nothing special here.  We are just knee deep in writing everyday and practicing our beginning, middle, and end.  Late in the week we will complete a quick write from Look Who's in First Grade.  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwy_8L1vfUHTTlNPbmpteEJocnM/edit?usp=sharing
 This week math is all about my Fall Football Math Stations.  I created these over the summer and really spent a lot of time on them.  I'm excited to finally get to use all of it!  Click HERE to check them out in my store. There is a freebie activity in the preview!

That's a peek at my week.  I promised a homework highlight too so I will leave you with this.  I've been working to revamp my homework and align my spelling words to a new curriculum.  It hasn't been easy.  Well....the creating part wasn't difficult but changing my mind set to match a new way of thinking was really hard.  I created some new homework packets to go with my new Reading Street curriculum.  Here is a little preview of what is included. 
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Reading-Street-Homework-Unit-2-First-Grade-947547http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Reading-Street-Homework-Unit-2-First-Grade-947547
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Reading-Street-Homework-Unit-2-First-Grade-947547http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Reading-Street-Homework-Unit-2-First-Grade-947547




This is working really well for me so far.  If you would like to see it up close click HERE.  I'm going to keep going with this and create homework for each unit so I won't leave you hanging, I promise!

Until next Sunday night (because honestly, we all know that's the next time I'll blog)........happy teaching! Heather