Five for Friday: August 23, 2013

It's Friday!  Hooray!  Not only does that mean we have an entire glorious weekend to relax but it's time to link up for Five for Friday with Doodlebugs Teaching!

This is my first one of the new school year!

1. We've been learning about Independence and this example of being independent at home made me want to take this little guy home with me!  I wish I had a  6 year old that liked to clean dishes!


2.  I've started Writer's Workshop and the kiddos get their journals on Monday!  Hooray!  This brings back the stick people.  I get a kick out of drawing Mr. Langley and his facial hair!


3.  Fun Fridays are back so I can start progress monitoring my kiddos every week.  I did my first bit of monitoring yesterday and I'm already seeing progress!  Here is the math center they got to enjoy for Friday centers.  If you want to read more about Fun Friday Centers you can check out my post about it here: Applicious Teacher Link Up


4.  Warning: Not school related.  Honestly I have a ton to share about the first few weeks of school but I never have time to take pictures!  This was my great niece's birthday party last week....she already loves reading!  Isn't she a doll?


5.  And one last non school related:  My baby girl turned 14 yesterday.  She is the youngest of my 3 girls and it is slowly sinking in that my children will all be out of the house in a couple of years.  How on earth did I get this old?   
 Party time at our favorite Mexican food restaurant!  This is a long standing tradition in our familia :)

That's 5 for Friday!  Don't forget to go link up or if you don't have time to post your own atleast go check out what everyone else is up to.  And as always, don't forget to leave some bloggy love.  You just might make someone's day!

Happy Teaching! Heather