Currently August....GASP!

Ok, when I first typed this up I typed July.  Right?  It's only July?  Afterall we just got out of school a few weeks ago?  No my friends, it is August.  The smell of freshly sharpened pencils is in the air and we are heading back to school next Tuesday.  Tear, sniff, sigh....here we go!

Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade is amazing and keeps us all "current" in the blogging world.  I am happy to link up with her on this 1st day of August.  You can link up up here.

August Currently: 
Listening:  Yes, my house is quiet...(I'm not counting the numbing television sound in the background).  My baby starts high school tomorrow and I will officially have nothing my high school kids and beyond in my life.  I never thought my little girls would ever grow up so fast.  I'm a little sad about that. 

Loving: My first grade team!  I am pleased to be teaching 1st grade next door to a teacher I have worked with for years. We've almost always been at the same school but not in the same grade level.  Last year I was lucky enough to have her join our 1st grade team at my school, this year she became my neighbor.  Feels like home :)  I'm also excited that we added a brand new teacher to our team and he is full of enthusiasm and knowledge!  It's great to kick start the year with a teacher that is so eager to get started!  I start to hyperventilate when I think about my first day as a teacher, but he is cool as a cucumber!

   Thinking:  Seriously, we had our first day back today (just a work day) but my brain is so fried after so much thinking and talking today!  Tomorrow is more training with a new reading series (Reading Street) and then Monday is one more work day.  I have so much to get done....I just can't think right now!

Wanting:  My girls need to go school shopping this weekend and I am gearing myself up for a lot of time sitting in fitting rooms.  I need to bring my patience with me.  You'd think with 3 daughters I'd be ready for this!

Needing:  A personal lamintor, yes.  A color printer, yes.  Unlimited laminated sheets, please.  I am super lucky that I can print and laminate at school (almost) as much as I want.  I always feel guilty for my over use of this privilege.  If I won the lottery, I would have my own at home :) 

B2S MUST HAVE's!  You have to have great pens to write with.  Why write with anything less?  I actually attended a meeting today and wrote in a PLAIN. BLACK. PEN.  It almost killed me. 

My lesson plan book is all set!  I've thought about it and worked on it all summer.  I have a section for my calendar, student info, grades, lesson plans, and parent info.  I've used it during my parent interviews this week and it is so handy!  I love it!

Friends to lean on.  I feel sorry for my friends.  Seriously.  I complain a lot....but only to them.  They are my sounding board and when I can't take one more thing they help me decompress.  I love them, and I couldn't teach without them.  We got to enjoy lunch together today and I loved every minute of it!

That's my currently.  I sound like a hot mess if this is all you've ever heard about me!  Go check out some really great blogs and link up with Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade. Happy back to school time if you are headed back and enjoy the rest of your summer if you are still soaking up the sun! 
Happy Teaching! Heather