Ten Pin Linky: Writing Ideas





I've been checking out the Ten Pin Linky at Just Reed for a few weeks now and I decided it was time to link up!  This week it's all WRITING pins!  My favorite! Click the pic to link up!
 
To visit the original author of the pin click on any of the pictures below.  I do my best to give credit :)

#1 Anna Brantley and her amazing Common Core Writing Units.  I own them all and use them in various units throughout the year.  My favorite part about her units are the graphic organizers.  It took my kiddos writing to the next level.  

 #2 Writing through the seasons: Summer by TGIF  I pinned this just recently but it's one of my favorite resources at the end of the school year for writing.

End of the year / Summer writing unit aligned to the common core standards. Includes writing prompts, themed templates, and activities to help your... 
 #3 A great rubric.  I love using rubrics in my room.  I use them for EVERYTHING!  Even when we use the bathroom. Not. kidding.
1st Grade Hamburger Writing Rubric  Even though this is for elementary teachers... 
:( Sad face.....no link for this one.  It has been removed.  Ugh.  Pinterest I love you and hate you all at the same time. (I know, I know, it's probably not their fault!)

#4 Anchor chart for opinion writing.  This would be helpful to add to our opinion unit.  Anchor charts are wonderful reminders for students. 
Opinion Writing Anchor Chart This one was from http://www.livelovelaughlearn1stgrade.blogspot.com/
but again....it looks like the link has been removed.

Quick note here:  Have you ever changed your blog name?  If you do, ALL of your old links go away and can no longer find you.  I have changed my name twice.  Not because of any life changes, just because I thought of something better!  I started as Mrs.Langley's Class but it drove me crazy that the apostrophe could not be included in the address.  Then I was Laughing and Learning with Mrs. Langley......but that was too long.  So here we are.  It's a nightmare.  I'm in the process of changing all my resources to match my current name.  I'm sticking with this one!

#5 Rate your writing.  Visual rubric for the kiddos!
Photobucket 

#6 I love this resource for the room for kids to refer to during writing. These are from Jen Jones. Love her!
Great thing for kids to see and read daily! 

#7 Have you ever printed on post it notes?  It's a really cool trick to use in the classroom.  This unit gives tips on how to do that and how to use the sticky notes during the peer editing process!
Writer's Workshop Using Sticky Notes!

#8  How many times have I said this during Writer's Workshop?
Writer's Workshop Mini Posters


#9 This is just too cute!
Eberhart's Explorers: Writer's Workshop & a handout! 
Last but not least...#10 In my opinion....the most important part of Writer's Workshop are the books you share to show what writer's do.  This pin reminded me of that.  
Writer's Workshop:  Hitting the Target 
What books do you use to teach writing?  This is just one that I use.  Some of my other favorites are Arthur Writes a Story, Ish, My Map Book, and The Library Mouse.  Writing is truly one of my favorite things to teach.  Watching my kiddos blossom in 1st grade is one of the best parts of this job!

Don't forget to link up with Just Reed.....and don't forget to leave a little bloggy love!

AND...

It's almost that time!  Time to start getting back into the classroom.  Today I did this....
Cutting out laminating always gives me a blister!  HOWEVER...I have lots of great resources to hang in my room tomorrow to help my kiddos during writing.  Stayed tuned for my link up with The Applicious Teacher on Organization this week. 

Happy Teaching! Heather