Liebster Award!


To accept the nomination I must:
  1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
  2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
  3. Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator
  4. Share 11 random facts about myself
  5. Create 11 questions for my nominees
  6. Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them! 
What a wonderful surprise when I logged in last night.  I was nominated by Melissa at Creations by Mrs. Mouse
for the Liebster award and then also by Ashley at Ms. BBZ!  I have a lot of questions to answer! 

I'm going to start with the 11 random facts about myself. 
1. Married my soul mate 15 years ago, neither one of us feel that old.
2.  I love being the mom of 3 girls, don't know what I would have done with boys.
3. If I could live anywhere it would be near the ocean, I love the smell of salt water in the air.4. I watch Days of Our Lives religiously, even though the story line is stupid and nothing ever changes in Salem.
5. Sometimes I wonder if i'm cut out to be a teacher, on frustrating days, but love my job more than anything the other 364 days a year.
6. I enjoy stupid comedy, but really love a tear jerker. Nothing is better than a good cry. 
7. I had a St. Bernard growing up named Bandit, he was a good dog. 
8. My sister and I had a baby on the same day 2 hours apart, Nicholas and Erin both weighed 7 lbs 6 oz and were both 21 1/2 inches long. We call them twin cousins but Erin will never let Nick forget she's older.
9. I had 3 C-sections. I am secretly happy I never had to endure childbirth, but also feel like I missed something.
10. I am my mother's favorite......no need to ask my 4 siblings, seriously, I'm the favorite.
11.  Most people that know me, know I'm super stubborn. 

Now to answer my questions: 
1. Do you have any pets? No.....we just lost our pup of 13 years last December.  Jake was a good dog.



2. What grade do you teach? Is this your favorite?  Kinder, 5th and 1st.  1st is my favorite so far!
3. Are you a night owl or do you go to bed early even in the summer? Night owl! Love sleeping in.
4. Which season is your favorite and why? Summer..........nuff said.
5. How do you relax? Read and blog, and play Candy Crush
6. What is something that you wished you had been taught in college about teaching? If you find a tootsie roll on the carpet, don't pick it up. Just think about that one for a minute.....
7. What is your favorite sweet concoction? Chocolate!
8. If you could be a superhero, which one would it be and why? Superwoman......the outfit!
9. If you could learn something new, what would it be?  To play the piano.
10. Do you have children? 3 girls
11. What is your biggest pet peeve?  I have an organized list of pet peeves that is 9,562 items long.  My top 2 in the classroom are pencil sharpeners and drippy water bottles.

1. What is your favorite lesson to teach?
Hard question!  I really love diving into science.  Last year it was the "Pencil Trick" lesson.  Students are given a pencil, a balancing board (craft stick), a wire, and 2 clothespins and they have to figure out how to make it balance. (using the clothespins as counterbalances)  It is so fun to watch them figure it out!  It takes about 20 minutes or so, but once one student figures it out they all get it!

 
2. What is your perfect "teacher outfit"? For me.....don't judge.....khaki capris and a school polo! I love wearing my school polo, it takes no thought (now I just sound lazy!), I match the kids, and it doesn't matter if I ruin it with paint! (our kiddos wear uniforms at my school) ---Sorry, no pic available, wink, wink!

3. How you spend your Saturdays?  More often than not going to my children's sporting events like swim meets and volleyball tournaments. 
 
4. What is your favorite color? Blue

5. What do you eat for breakfast during school? Oh my gosh, everyday.  Strawberry Special K.  I'm still waiting to lose that 2 lbs in 2 weeks!
 The blogs I have nominated to receive the Liebster award are: 
1. Miss Parker @ http://www.meetmissparker.blogspot.com
2. http://www.wildthingslearn.blogspot.com/
3. Jennifer Dowell @ http://loveteachingkids.com/
4. Michelle Bingham @ http://www.missheymiss.blogspot.com/
5. Leslie Tally @ http://thetallytales.blogspot.com/

When you are ready ladies....here are your questions. 
1.  What is the best vacation you have ever been on?
2.  Would you rather live on the beach, in the city, or woods?
3.  What do you eat for lunch at school?
4.  What is your favorite part about being a teacher. 
5.  What is your favorite lesson to teach?