Wild and Wonderful Wednesdays Linky

 

I found this fun LINKY (click to link up) with First Grade Follies on Instagram.  I'm lovin' Instagram.  My kids are thoroughly annoyed with me but I'm having fun!

Wild:  This one was a little difficult for me because I'm not in school anymore. (and I guess there is nothing "wild" going on at home!)  So I thought I would share a wild science activity we did a few weeks before school got out.  We use FOSS science kits in our district and our last kit was Balance and Motion.  This experiment is called "The Pencil Trick".  Students get a pencil, a craft stick to balance on, a wire, and 2 clothes pins.  We do this after a week of exploring counter weights.  The only instructions given are to get the pencil to balance on the end of the craft stick.  It usually takes about 20-30 minutes for the students to figure it out but watching them work is AMAZING!  They think it is simply WILD that they can get a pencil to balance on it's tip!  
Wonderful:  It is summer time, it can't get much more wonderful than that now can it?  But today it did!  I got an email from my principal this morning thanking us for ROCKING it this year!  We know we rock ;) but it is nice to wake up to an email saying so!

Great idea for a Linky, I'm glad I gave this a try.  I'm going to keep my eyes out for some WILD and WONDERFUL stuff this week to share next Wednesday!  

Happy Teaching! Heather