Five for Friday! Slow Down Summer!

 
It's Friday again.....yikes!  That's what summer feels like people!  Every Friday is not a celebration, it's just a reminder that summer is going by WAY TOO FAST!  Slow down already!  

We can celebrate the fact that it's time for Five for Friday.  Have you linked up yet?  If you haven't head over to Doodle Bugs Teaching  to link up or just to check out all the fabulous blogs out there in bloggy land. 

Here we go...


Hooray for finished projects!  I started to work on some 1st grade math assessments WAY back in January.  It took me a FOREVER to get through all the standards but I am really happy with how they turned out.  Now I am all set with assessments for each standard for the coming school year!  You can check them out on TPT and there is a FREEBIE in the preview!


 I am babysitting today.....yes, babysitting.  My friend got me a gig at a resort near by that hires nannies for companies staying at the resort.  They like to hire teachers because we can handle anything we are fingerprinted and all that good stuff.  This is day 2 of 2....let's just say I don't like being out of my classroom environment where I am the boss of EVERYTHING!  
We went to my favorite spot on the creek this week and my girls have begged me to go back today.  I think I will, it's simply beautiful (and a nice hike too!)
The best part the creek is LOUD and I can read my Teach Like a Pirate without any distractions!

I think I figured out Bloglovin'.  I'm on there and now I'm getting the daily emails with the updates.  I've gone through and (tried) to follow all of my favorite bloggers.  So we will see what actually happens with this Google reader thingamajig on July 1st.  I think I actually like Bloglovin' better!  I added a button too so people can follow me too. 

   I've also been working on my Google + profile and started following some people there too.  I'm just stalking people everywhere!


Last but not least....the great American road trip has been on my mind!  We are planning a 3000+ mile road trip with the girlies to see my sister-in-law.  I'm always nervous about big adventures like this but I'm getting excited too.  We are including these guys on our route....



Have you ever been to Mt. Rushmore?  I'm kind of thinking it will be like visiting the Grand Canyon, you look, snap a pic, and leave.  I'd love to know if there are any MUST do's while we are there!

That's it for Five for Friday!  Don't forget to link up!

Happy Teaching! Heather