Lesson Plan Sunday!


I am kind of obsessing over my lesson plans this weekend.  Will it make me a better teacher come Monday?  Maybe.  However I know they will look great in my lesson plan book and I am hoping they will help remind me of the important things I need to get done this week! Here is a little peek.
 
I bought the "Easy Ecology" unit from Teacher to the Core, click HERE to get to her blog.  She has posted pics of her unit in action, it's a really good one!  I love that she included fluency pages because our end of the year DIBELS (ack!) testing is just one week away.  I am totally stressing!  Our goal is 47 words per minute with 90% accuracy.  I have about 77% of my class at that benchmark right now, just trying to get a few more over that HUMP this week!  

I use the fluency passages during our "6 Minute Fluency" time.  Our district uses this program, but I only use their passages when I can't find anything to match the current unit I am working on.  I do use the "management" portion of 6 minute fluency.  Read with a partner for 2 minutes, listen to your partner for 1 minute, read to your partner for 1 minute.  I think it has really helped increase our fluency!


I hope this week brings you laughter, learning, and most of all peace.  Heaven knows we need it! 

Happy Teaching! ~Heather